Practice Risk Solutions

Certificate of Authorization holders

If you or your business offer and provide professional engineering services to the public, you (or the business/firm) must hold a Certificate of Authorization (C of A). C of A holders assume professional responsibility for the services provided and are generally required to carry Primary Professional Liability insurance in accordance with section 74(1) of Regulation 941/90 of the Professional Engineers Act to protect both the C of A and the general public.

Depending on your business structure, you may very well require coverage in addition to the mandated primary professional liability coverage. Also available through the OPSE insurance program is Commercial General Liability insurance, Office insurance, Employer’s Liability insurance, and/or Directors’ and Officers’ Liability insurance. Cyber Security and Privacy Liability insurance is also available to manage the risk of holding increasingly large quantities of personally identifiable data of clients, employees and others.